View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #12
Memzicle

Memzicle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhaun View Post
If you have a 102, you are not getting Korean. Full stop. Korean's generally considered the most difficult of the CAT IVs.

There's a possibility for Russian if no Spanish slots are available in your window, but it's a small chance. The guy I mention upthread got Chinese with a 109 because only Chinese and Spanish were available at the time and the Spanish slots went to people who had lower DLAB scores than he did. He wound up taking Spanish in the end though. DLI drop rates are no joke.

As I understand, if the detailers did place you in Russian, they would do a waiver. It's not something you get to decide.
Yeah, I figured there would be a higher chance of the sky falling, than me getting a CAT IV. As mentioned, I'm totally fine with Spanish... But it's nice to know there is a chance, however small, that I could possibly get Russian. I've read somewhere on here or on Reddit that after your 1st tour, some are given the option to study a sort of sub-language? Like for example, some who were initially given Spanish, end up studying Porteguese. Where can I find perhaps a list of other offered languages besides the big 6? I'm just curious as to what else is offered. Also, is someone designated to only one of the big 6? Say, after a coupe years or so, I've accomplished Spanish...with a high profitiency.... Am I given an option to continue with another language among the big 6? Thank you so much for your help btw!
Memzicle is offline   Reply With Quote