View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #2
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

I'm a PS. PS doesn't require a clearance, but at some point you'll need at least a secret. Yeoman, on the other hand, need at least a secret and will sometimes require a Top Secret. Having a minor charge might not be a problem for you. It depends on a lot of things, such as, how long ago it was, etc.

There's not a whole lot of difference between a YN and a PS. A YN pretty much does everything a PS can do with some stuff added on to it. YN can deal with security clearances, admin messages, other clerical work. A PS generally deals with pay, travel claims, benefits, and is more of a customer service type job.

Between the two, the opportunities are way different. PS, honestly, don't have a ton of opportunities for cool stuff. Not like YN, anyway. YN can be flag writers, for example. But both jobs are essential to the Navy. Both rates are fairly easy. YN school is a little tougher than PS. But I found PS to be super easy. Some folks in my class struggled because we are required to memorize all the form numbers and stuff. There's a lot of forms in the Navy. A lot. A whole lot. Really.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote