Thread: Marriage
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:02 AM   #12
asailorswife

asailorswife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_Breen_CTT View Post
Just throwing in my experience with it all, I found that getting married before hand is the best route. For one, their medical insurance kicks in after Bootcamp, so that is a plus. While you are in A school...etc. and your spouse decides to either stay where they live (for instance my wife is a teacher so she will finish out her school year before moving) so she will receive a portion of the "with dependents" housing allowance while I am at school living in the barracks. I am glad my wife actually found this sight because she has SO many questions and it is hard to find the answers to certain things.
EVERYTHING kicks in the minute they are entered into DEERS and enrolled in tricare. This WILL happen DURING Boot - not after. Your spouse will also receive FULL BAH (or with dependents BAH) for where they are during boot camp and a-school. It's usually back paid, and received about halfway through boot.

FYI though - if your school is shorter than 6 months, or you have less than 6 months left by time she finishes her school year, she won't be joining you at a-school. She'll have to wait until you have PCS orders. (I don't know what your rate is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
My boyfriends leaves Monday the 4th. He's very old fashion and is still to getting married after A school. This is fine with me. If its meant to be everything will pull together. He has about two years worth of schooling so after we get married he will still have about a year left.
It means that you won't be on his orders for a-school at all. You will be able to move to his school, BUT you probably won't be moved by the Navy.. Meaning, moving is on your own dime and time.

Sarah

asailorswife is offline   Reply With Quote