View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #4
JakeC

JakeC is on a distinguished road

I am trying to make sense of parts of what I've already read on the website. In particular, to when I can apply to the program and the additional service requirement. It says you can either have graduated from the Nuke pipeline or currently be in any part of it. Is that meaning I could potentially not go to my first duty station if I am accepted into the program say right after A school? And when I also asked about the contract length, if I was only 2 years into my 6 year contract when I enrolled in the program (which I realize adds 5 years of active duty) does that mean I will have 5 years of active duty plus the remaining years of my initial contract or is it just 5 years of active duty in general?

For example if I get accepted in the program in prototype, which would only put me around 2ish years of active duty put of my 6, do I take the 3 years to get my degree and then come back and do 9 years of active duty (4 remaining of my initial contract plus the 5 year extension for the program)?

Sorry if this is confusing, I come from a non-military oriented family so this is ALL new to me. I'm trying my best to get ahead of my options so I'm not obligated to make a decision later on in my enlistment with no idea of what I'm doing.
JakeC is offline   Reply With Quote