View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
vregino36

vregino36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
First the rating you get, like HM will depend on how you score on your ASVAB and the line scores you get. PLUS, it is not the recruiter that will be able to guarantee you any rating like HM..that will be determined at MEPS and the classifiers there. The rating you want has to have an opening to get it and your scores have to match what is needed for that rating, if the HM rating is not open when you go to MEPS, you will not be offered it.....so it would not make any difference if you go active duty or reserves..the rating has to have an opening...period

Now after you take your ASVAB your recruiter will go over the results with you and let you know what you qualify for, AND may very well steer you towards what you are actually better suited for due to the scores you have...but it is really up to you to make sure your recruiter knows what you want...no one will twist your arm into taking a rating you dont want...yes at MEPS they very well may try and convince you to take another rating..in that case you have the option to say no, and go home with nothing.

Well, ASVAB's will not be a problem I am in college right now going towards my nursing degree. I am a very smart guy. I also would like to thank you for your prompt response! I have one last question since you seem to be well equipped with Military knowledge. How would you break it down to a recruiter on what you want without being disrespectful. I just find it really disrespectful to walk in and say " I want this and this only!" .
vregino36 is offline   Reply With Quote