View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 01:26 PM   #5
Just4Kixs

Just4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud ofJust4Kixs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz57 View Post
1. Realistically, do DARs get approved? Do I have a better chance since I am waiting until December

2. Would they call me and say random jobs are opening up or do I make a list of some I would take

3. Someone told me that would mean that I would have to leave for boot that same week they offer me a different job and approve my DAR. Is that true?

I am a little confused and figured I would come here because even the classifier at MEPs lied to me. He told me with PACT-SN, you MUST get a rating and leave for A-School within 6 months of your first command. He said I can not legally remain undesignated for longer than 6 months..

Need some insight! Thanks!
1. DARs depend on your situation and manning levels of which rating you want. I DEPped in 20150204 with a DAR on the same day for a different rating. Been waiting and nothing yet. My recruiter really sold that idea on me but now I'm taking things in my own hands.

2./3. My recruiter called me for random jobs at one time towards the end of March for jobs available if I was interested. If you're open-minded for other jobs, you'd take a look into it, but when he called me, they were for jobs that were to leave the next 2 days for boot, and I wasn't prepared for that back then. Now I am. It also depends on the job contract that was made available. Some of the contracted jobs have you leave in the next few days while others on a different time frame. It just so happened that all the ones my recruiter called me for were on the same week. Looking back, I should have chosen asap.

Lol now I'm stuck in DEP until my ship date. I begged the classifier at MEPS to give me a later ship date because I had plans to give myself time to change ratings. It worked in a way, so you having a ship date in December gives you ample time to get chances in for a rating. Heck, I'd even switch ratings with you in a heartbeat! I really WANT PACT-SN! I wonder if there even is a way to do that. I'll ask my recruiter, I think there were 2 people in my DEP that wanted to trade and someone got something in the long run.
As what your recruiter told you with PACT-SN and the 6 months; my recruiter told me it was 2 years (24 months) that you have to strike for a rating... However, if you're like me coming in as an E3, I think you have 6 months until you can strike for a rating then take the 3rd class PO exam, but I'm hoping that if you don't strike a rate, you can still use the left over time to strike.
Just4Kixs is offline   Reply With Quote