View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 01:43 AM   #26
Double 00 Jetti

Double 00 Jetti is on a distinguished road
Default ETn or EMn ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by prop827 View Post
No, I really don't regret it at all. Nuclear power is really fascinating and interesting to know about. Its one of those things people on the outside don't understand but you know how it works in such detail that you're comfortable around it. Civilians are afraid of a nuke plant and here we are just like 'dude, my rack is on the other side of the bulkhead of a critical reactor. we're fine. We know what we're doing."

Its a good job and I enjoy it. I'm also very thankful the navy didn't give me my first choice of rate too. In boot when asked what rates we wanted my dream sheet was ET, EM, MM (in order of preference) and I was assigned to be an EM. Now on the other side of the training and now that I know what these rates really do, boy do I LOVE being an electrician instead of a twidget!
thanks prop for all the information. it has been really helpful. i just got told today that i got accepted into the nuke program and now im just waiting for a ship date! I had to get an age waiver because im about to be 26 this month. Also I have a degree in electronics engineering so i am hoping to go ETn.

Anyway, I noticed you also wanted ETn but said you were glad you got EMn instead. I could go either way but im not sure which to pick because no one will tell me what each one actually does AFTER school lol .

I was hoping you could enlighten me. Why are you glad you got EMn over ETn?
Double 00 Jetti is offline   Reply With Quote