View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 02:54 AM   #358
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseDragon View Post
Thanks again CTT1,
You provided more in depth information in one day than i have found researching online for weeks.
No worries! That's what we're here for.

Quote:
Are AWS's selected out of the AW program or are you required to get an AIRR contract before you go to NACCS?
It depends on what kind of AWS we're talking about here:

Dry AWS types are selected at the end of NACCS. RSS won't be a factor for these sailors.

Guys going to RSS will complete NACCS, head to RSS, and upon completion will be given either AWR or AWS, depending on what they need at that time. They will be assigned to MH-60 squadrons.

Quote:
And just out of curiosity do people turn down the orders to the CH-53e billet because it is dangerous? I would kill for one of those billets
I've never seen that. I've seen people who wanted something else and got sent 53's just because that's what they needed and were less than thrilled about it. I've also seen people request it and get it. So there's a spectrum.

And I'm also curious about how much you know about what a 53 crewman does? Just wondering about your motivations behind that specific platform is all.

/r
CTT1