View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxCTM View Post
I just speak from my own searches about CTN and all, but I do not think CTNs program, at least not much if they do. The only thing I have found on "Navy programmers" is that this would be taught at a place like the Naval Postgraduate School for technical officers. CTNs have more to do with global networks and cyber security. And "within a short period, today's CTN quickly develops highly marketable computer skills" something that the other rating cards do not say about their respective ratings I've noticed, so I would say yes.

https://www.cool.navy.mil/enlisted/r..._cards/ctn.pdf
Hi! I actually graduated JCAC this past August and I feel like I could clear up any questions about the programming aspect. JCAC has 2 programming mods. We work with Perl, Python, etc. And we weren't tested on writing programs, but reading them and providing the outcome. Although some of our exercises we wrote programs. Around the time I graduated, my class advisors were looking for students that actually LIKED programming and were good at it. So, instead of getting orders to one of the 7 places we can go for a first duty station, those that basically volunteered, got orders to Suitland (or Suiteland... idk how to spell it) which is by Ft. Meade, where they would work with programming.

It was offered to one of my friends actually but he turned it down because he wanted to go to ION, but a guy 2 classes in front of mine took it and is there now.

Not sure if they're still doing this. Didn't hear anything else about it after that guy took those orders. But I hope this was helpful!
AyeeYoAP is offline   Reply With Quote