View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 02:27 PM   #7
Rach4USN

Rach4USN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnersate1995 View Post
I leave for basic on the 18th and was wondering how I can get into the triple threat division and what not? Also, how is A school for gunners mates in GL???? How quick do phase go by and is it based off of performance? I live 31 miles from base, when can I visit home??? Thank you in advance!
I was in a 900 division, 912 to be exact which was a triple threat. It wasn't hard to get into it. Essentially the night we got there, they asked each group if anyone played an instrument or sang...I was the only one in my group and he had me sing in front of everyone in the group. Anyway, I got a big fat 9 on my hand after that and was put into the performing division. There are three types of 900 divisions: Staff, State Flags and Triple Threat. When you get there will depend on what you get put into if you're selected for 900.

Personally, I loved it because we performed at three graduations and it was awesome performing at my own, but it wasn't nearly as 'hard' as the other normal divisions had. Just a little more stressful because we did a lot of stuff to do, in less time and we still had to do everything else lol.

"You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it."
Rach4USN is offline   Reply With Quote