View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #42
BonzerAsp
**Active Duty**

BonzerAsp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdee90 View Post
Can you tell me what brand of shoes you are issued? I would like to get my son a pair before he leaves so he can get used to them, I know he won't wear his but at least he will know the shoes ahead of time... He usually only wear his high tops so I want him to wear running shoes for the next 2 weeks, he ships out June 25th
He will be issued New Balance tennis shoes. He will wear those for a few days during P-days with his sweats. After that he will be issued Bates steel toed boots. (At least I think they're still issuing Bates. They might have switched companies). After he is issued his boots, he will only wear his tennis shoes for PT. Most people tend to struggle with the boots. They are either too scared to say that they're too big/small or they just aren't used to wearing boots. Considering they're going to be new boots, he's more than likely going to get blisters no matter what. Thankfully medical issues every recruit a small bag containing Moleskin. It's like a bandage for the blisters.

"It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."
President George Washington

BonzerAsp is offline   Reply With Quote