View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
bronxCTM

bronxCTM is on a distinguished road

Yeah I was wondering why the question of these two ratings was being brought up. I always thought the CTM rating (one I picked) was closer to CTN than the other CT ratings, but the other CT ratings like CTR and CTT get asked more about relative to CTN than CTM

As stated above CTI are the linguists and CTNs are what my recruiter calls the "hackers" and stuff. CTNs deal with network security (global networks/wans, not LANs like I guess ITs would do). I actually wanted and sometimes still do want the CTN rating when I went for MEPS but I was second guessing myself--did I want to serve a 6 year term? Was I okay with being land-based? (CTNs apparently don't go out to sea much, if at all). These seem like "are you serious?" questions now but then were serious concerns of mine. I, however, took the CTM rating after being told (recruiter said there were 2 slots left my first day at MEPs, or it might've been the 2nd day--I was there a total of 3 days because I was held up for too much ear wax lol) there were no more openings in the CTN rating. I probably now would take the CTN over the CTM now no question but of course I don't have the chance to do so, at least not right now. I went into MEPS thinking all the CT ratings were undermanned but that is not so--I was basing my thinking off the about.com info and creo lists that were like 4 years old (and had some other info wrong too--well at least it was not updated).

But I have a question if its appropriate for the thread--what is the CTM rating like and how much might it be like the IT and CTN ratings?
bronxCTM is offline   Reply With Quote