Thread: Marriage
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
calie89

calie89 is on a distinguished road

Also, keep in mind, if you get married after you arrive at your A school (or even the weekend after boot) you will not have a dependent on your orders to A school, so the Navy will not pay to move them to wherever you are. (Not saying they cannot live there, but they will not move on the Navy's dime)

The only way they will pay to move them to your A school is if they are on your orders beforehand (while they are issued at boot) I know Nuke school has 3 phases, so I don't know if they cut new orders for each phase, If they do and you acquire a dependent on one phase, they will be on your next set of orders.

My husband and I were also considering the same thing you are. We ended up getting married before I left, and it made everything so much easier. As said above, if you are serious about getting married, it makes everything so much easier if you can do it before.

Also, you may have to be prepared to wait a long time for a Nuke contract as a female. I signed for AECF in April 2012, and was supposed to leave in Oct 2012. I too was waiting on a Nuke contract. I did finally get offered one, but it wouldn't have left until June 2013, so I opted to keep my current contract and leave in October.
calie89 is offline   Reply With Quote