Thread: Females Hair
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #23
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGirl2015 View Post
I know a female from my work who went to bootcamp over the summer. She recently came back to visit us at work and she told me that the hair regulations were changing as of January. She and I aren't the best of friends, so I'm assuming she is lying to me. I'm pretty sure she is the type of female who would want me to NOT cut my hair just so I could get more attention when I get there. Until I hear different from a reputable source, I'm still planning on cutting it.
Notice the date there... that's actually a good indicator the rumor is false. January 1st is when most laws and policies in the civilian world take affect because that's when the new calender year begins. In the military, we go off of Fiscal Years, which begin on October 1st. It's not always the way things work... but 98% of the time, any new uniform or training policy will be released in some form of instruction, and the change will take affect with the first training group of divisions to go through RTC in the next fiscal year.

For those of you coming in, one of the best things you can do as a junior Sailor is to help stop the spread of rumor/gouge/BS... if you hear a rumor about a policy change, or new uniform regulation, or are told something is or is not authorized... look it up. Everything has some sort of instruction, announcement, memo, etc. For those of you in DEP... if you hear about something like a change in female hair regulations, do a Google search for some kind of official Navy instruction outlining such... not Yahoo Answers or word-of-mouth from other DEPpers or Sailors.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"