View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Diesirae27

Diesirae27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzerAsp View Post
So I have two questions.

1. How bad is it to get all four wisdom teeth removed at boot camp? My recruiter said it's a good t\idea to wait and get the operation done there rather than when I'm in DEP. He said there's a chance of it hurting my enlistment process if I do it while in DEP. Plus, it's free lol

2. How strict is the 3rd Class Swim Qual when it comes to form? I can easily swim the distance, I just don't have very good form when doing it lol is that going to be an issue?
If you have no issues with your wisdom teeth and can wait to have them pulled at bootcamp, you should wait. If they are impacting or unbearably painful, there is a chance of infection. If you're ship date is a long way away, than you're safe to have them pulled if risk of infection is high. If your ship date is close, the anesthetics the dentists uses will show up in a drug screen which will result in separation.

From my sister who graduated 11/27, the swim quals isn't difficult. Form is not so important as the ability to just swim the distance in the time allotted. However, good form is the key to faster and more energy efficient swimming.
Diesirae27 is offline   Reply With Quote