View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #25
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
That is the problem with RUMORS...they cause a lot of unneeded worry and concern. That rumor has been going on since before my son went in MANY years ago! Rumors start mostly for WISHFUL thinking! IF and I do mean IF it ever changes..it will be in the regulations and announced by the very top officials in the Navy. Basically females joining the Navy should not care one way or the other if their hair is cut or not..if that is a problem, then join another branch that doesnt cut your hair..like the Army. Oh and i was wrong above...the Marines also cut females hair off..
REMEMBER THIS...on this site we do NOT sugar coat ANYTHING! You ask a question you will be told the truth, and many times many wont like what you hear!
I'll disagree with this.
I'm female. I'm in the navy. And I absolutely hated that they made me cut 18 inches off my hair.
And I hated it every day for the months it took me to grow it out long enough to put in a nice bun.
And I hate that it still isn't long enough yet to do my preferred hair styles.

For better or worse, hair is a big identifying feature for a lot of females. So, yes, the navy makes you cut your hair, and if you want to join, that's something you have to deal with. But that doesn't mean you have to be happy about it.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified