View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #235
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnal View Post
Thank you very much for the information. I haven't heard anything in regards to my clearance situation, my recruiters said no news is good news and that I would most likely be alright.

Another question, what are the possibilities for travel as a CTN? I'm aware that most CTNs work at shoreside station, so I presume the travel isn't great. I've read about DIRSUP, how difficult would it be to get as a CTN and what would it entail?

EDIT: Another question. For foreign contacts, does it matter by country or should it be avoided entirely? Prior to enlisting I had a lot of penpals. Would a friend from Taiwan be acceptable as opposed to a friend from China?
Really anyone that isn't from a Five Eyes country (US, UK, AUS, CAN, NZ) is going to be heavily scrutinized. Be upfront with all of your contacts and don't hide anything; failure to report something like that is grounds to lose your clearance for good.

CTNs don't travel really. DIRSUP is not something an N-brancher would be eligible for. In rare cases, there are a few N's that go aboard ships while they're in port to help do some network stuff, but they won't be getting underway with them. The overwhelming majority of N's are at shore sites.

/r
CTT1