View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #232
Saturnal

Saturnal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Foreign Contacts are a BIG deal. It's not an outright disqualifier though, unless you try to hide it and it gets discovered (they will find it eventually, trust me). If you're planning on going into the Intel/Crypto world, continuing contact with someone in China is going to be an issue. Get everything well documented and let DONCAF make the call.

As far as CTN school, don't bother going to get those certs yourself. All those CompTIA certs are incredibly low level and not worth your time. If you want to learn the material, go for it, but if it were me I would recommend studying for the CCNA over any of the CompTIA certs.

/r
CTT1
Thank you very much for the information. I haven't heard anything in regards to my clearance situation, my recruiters said no news is good news and that I would most likely be alright.

Another question, what are the possibilities for travel as a CTN? I'm aware that most CTNs work at shoreside station, so I presume the travel isn't great. I've read about DIRSUP, how difficult would it be to get as a CTN and what would it entail?

EDIT: Another question. For foreign contacts, does it matter by country or should it be avoided entirely? Prior to enlisting I had a lot of penpals. Would a friend from Taiwan be acceptable as opposed to a friend from China?

Last edited by Saturnal; 12-13-2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Added another question.
Saturnal is offline   Reply With Quote