View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #216
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasag15 View Post
Thank you for that information regarding the current manning as well as the technical insight, CTT1.
Another question I had regarding my recruiter & MEPS: When I was talking to my recruiter and told him that the only job I'm honestly willing to sign for was CTN, he told me that he wouldn't send me to MEPS and that I need to give him several of my other choices before he'd send me down. Is this a normal occurrence within recruiting or do I just need to seek out a different recruiter?
That's pretty normal since it costs money to send you down and it's not like they can guarantee if CTN will be available or not, or if you even qualify yet. So why would the Navy spend money on your hotel, food, and medical exam if you limit them on your options for joining? It's the military, not Burger King haha (ie you can't always have it your way)

Nobody says you have to sign for something else, but with them you need to have options, because if CTN isn't available then you just wasted their time and money.

Also, CTN isn't the only rate that does Cyber. CTR's are there, I'm down there, and there's CTI's that help out. Honestly I would look into CTR, as they can do Cyber as well (and they do), as well as a huge spectrum of other cool shit. They also can go to sea, on airplanes, Special Warfare, and submarines, whereas CTNs are going to be stuck shore based in an office their whole careers. Just something to think about.

Just say you're interested in the other CT rates as well, maybe IT. Nobody says you have to sign for those anyway, it makes them feel more cozy, and you get your MEPS processing done. It's a win-win.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote