View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #213
texasag15

texasag15 is on a distinguished road

Just some background info:
Finishing a B.S. in Economics this December at TAMU (gig 'em ags!) and looking at going in as a CTN (I've looked at the other CT rates as well as IT and I've pretty much decided that it's CTN or bust for me).

Recruiter told me he couldn't really give me a good number regarding demand until after the new FY in October, so I understand if you can't really give a precise answer. I figured maybe being inside the community you might have a little more knowledge. Anyway, questions:

1. What's the demand look like for CTNs?

2. What are the most likely duty stations for CTNs to go to right now for first
tour (INCONUS)? (I understand if you can't really answer this one as well due to the whole not knowing demand issue)

3. How quickly (keep in mind I'm going in as an E3) does one usually get put into a leadership position within the community?

4. What opportunities for personal growth (certs, training, etc.) could I expect to be available outside required job training?

5. What is the job market like for CTNs post-Navy? (i.e. Are DoD contractors fighting over them because of the clearance and/or skills? Is there a specific position you see a larger number former CTNs going into?)

6. Typical day in the life of a CTN? (I understand that there isn't a lot that can be said with this one, but I figure there's no harm in asking)

These are the main ones I can think of right now. I'm sure that I'll have more once I learn more.

Thanks for any and all help.
texasag15 is offline   Reply With Quote