View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #34
CB

CB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
My sons advise was a funny one, or at least it is from his perspective! DO NOT LAUGH AT THE INSTRUCTORS WHEN THEY ARE YELLING AT SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING REALLY STUPID!
My son got IT'd for over an hour in the "hot box"! Then when the instructor finally told him he was done and if he still thought getting yelled at was funny, dont make the comment my son made...."Yes sir, but thanks, that was the best work-out I have had since I got here!"
By the way...the "hot box' is the laundry area room with all the washers and dryers going, making it steamy... My son being a jock was very much used to being yelled at by coaches and worked very hard for football, basketball, soccer and track..
Yeah, my son didnt really fly under the radar so to speak!
I just read your post now and I couldn't help but laugh at what your son said "best workout since I got here."

I ship out in April and my brother who joined last year told me that boot camp is more of a mind game. They will try to break you. They'll even try to make you laugh. If you laugh, you get yelled at. If you don't laugh, you still get yelled at. They even ask if you didn't think they're joke was funny.