Thread: New CTM aboard!
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 09:08 AM   #12
KaLinux

KaLinux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
Just a heads up about recruiters, they typically know exactly jack shit about CT rates. So nod your head when they talk about CT stuff, but verify it afterwards to be sure. Also, GET ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. Chances are they don't deal with guys like you often and that lack of familiarity can get things screwed up when they just wing it. Go find the instructions, learn them, and keep them handy for when issues come up.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/57935966.jpg

/r
CTT1
Well, I spoke to the ECM and I'd have to wait until FY18 to have a shot lol. The ECM was quite rude. I mean, inexplicably rude. My questions were all about manning and the likely trend of CTN3 becoming CREO2 again. She went off several times about me talking to a recruiter and how she wasn't a recruiter. I had to calmly tell her that I know more than the recruiters and I'm not asking a recruiting question and that I was asking about manning. After snapping, she answered my question. She said that I could take a reduction in paygrade to come in as an E-3 but that would hurt me for promotion because the automatic E-4 out of A school would not apply to me as I am prior service. I would take a RIR but since I HYT out, I would hit the reserves HYT for E-3. So, as I see it, my options would be to aim for DPEP to CTN2 or DPEP to IT, CTT, or IS. I want CTN bad though. The only thing is I only have 2yrs of work experience for CTN vs the 4yrs that is required. I would have to talk to whoever makes the deciding factor on whether or not the experience/certifications/schooling that I have is enough for E-5 in the reserves. Hopefully certifications can knock some of that time off because I'm working towards CCNA R/S and Sec right now.
KaLinux is offline   Reply With Quote