View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

I'm here I'm here!!! Late but I made it to the party!

The amount you get paid in boot if you come in as an E3 is VARIABLE. You may only get E1 pay in boot camp, then on your next pay cycle out of boot camp you'll get your E3 pay PLUS the difference you should have gotten between E3 and E1 (backpay). On the other hand, you might actually get E3 pay in bootcamp the entire time. It all has to do with how and when your paperwork is processed and is really out of your hands and/or control. When I was in boot, my bunkmate and I were both Nuke E3's; I got E3 pay all through boot camp, but my bunkmate only got E1 pay then got back pay when we got to NNPTC.

So you'll get your E3 in boot camp eventually, you just don't know when you'll start getting it. If you have dependents, be ready for them not to have money while you're in boot. You might only get E1 pay and it takes a few pay cycles for any BAH or BAS or Separation Pay to kick in for your dependents. Its not unheard of for you to graduate boot camp and THEN get the money you were supposed to get for your dependents after the fact. Remember: lots of recruits means lots of paper work and stuff may take a while to catch up to you.

No matter what though, you are all recruits and you all wear recruit insignias on your uniforms (ie, nothing) until just before PIR when you get your stripes sewn on your dress uniforms and your collar devices tossed to you by your RDC's. That's a proud moment when you finally get those, even though you're still "recruit" for a week.
prop827 is offline   Reply With Quote