View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

I'm not craig, but I'll answer. When you get to A School (no matter your rate), you will be Naval Military Training (NMT) Phase 1. After a set period you will go to NMT Phase 2 and then NMT Phase 3. The amount of time for each depends on how long your A School is. A 3 Month or longer A School will be 4 weeks of Phase 1, 4 weeks phase 2, and the remainder Phase 3. While in school, if you get into any kind of trouble (caught breaking phase, not passing PFA's, failing room inspections or failing personnel inspections), you can either be denied phasing up, or be phase stripped (set back to phase 1 or 2). With each phase you get added privileges. Below is a general list.

NMT Phase 1:
Civilian Clothing is NOT Authorized (Must be in uniform at all times)
Liberty is restricted to base on week nights (Monday-Thursday)
Weekend Liberty (Friday-Sunday) commences no earlier than 1600 Friday or 0500 Saturday and Sunday, and expires in the sailors BEQ each night at 0015
Alcohol consumption is prohibited regardless of sailors age
No one on phase 1 is authorized to operate a vehicle (including POV's, others POVs and rental vehicles)
Phase 1 liberty radius is 75 miles
Phase 1 may NOT put in any special request chits

NMT Phase 2:
Civilian Clothing is authorized on weekends from 1600 Friday until 0015 Sunday
Civilian Clothing is NOT authorized Monday through Friday
Liberty is no longer restricted to base (off base liberty all days, though only in uniform on Monday-Thursday)
Weekend Liberty Commences when placed on Liberty by SLPO Friday and expires at 0015 each night (no Overnight Liberty)
Liberty Commences at 0500 on Saturday and Sunday
Consumption of alcohol is authorized on days not preceding an academic day (Friday and Saturday) by those of legal drinking age
Phase 2 is authorized to operate a POV without restriction
Phase 2 is authorized to put in special request chits to extend liberty radius up to 375 miles from base

NMT Phase 3:
Civilian clothing is authorized whenever not in a duty status or inside of the academic building(s)
Liberty expires at 0015 each night preceding an academic day (ie overnight liberty from Friday until Sunday or Monday if Monday is a holiday)
Consumption of alcohol by those of legal drinking age is authorized (read: not restricted on weeknights.... don't know why but that's how it is)
No POV or Driving Restrictions
Phase 3 can put in special request chits to extend liberty radius (375 miles authorized by SLPO, may request further, but chit will need to be routed higher up chain of command; I got a 1,000 mile liberty radius to go home on liberty one weekend through my chain of command)
Phase 3 can put in ANY special request chit (Rations, Tattoo, Marriage, etc.)

There may be other liberty/restrictions, but I don't recall them right now.
prop827 is offline   Reply With Quote