View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #72
Ryra23

Ryra23 is on a distinguished road
Default 2017-2018 updates

I ship out in May of 2018 and according to the start guide that I received at MEPS some things have changed based on what I've read on this thread especially since some of these posts are very old.
In a female specific items it says that we're still allowed to bring makeup as long as there are no glass items and it tells us to bring sanitary items sufficient for 1 week.
It also goes on to note that female recruits May travel to RTC with their hair styled as desired the standard hair length for females May touch but not fall below a horizontal line level with the lower edge of the back of the uniform collar females will have the option of having their hair cut to military standards after reporting to RTC for a nominal fee, females who do not get their haircut will be instructed on how to wear their hair with in military standards . From my Understanding means that you no longer have to cut your hair in basic as long as you're keeping it up in a bun.
It does also mention medical processing for females who have had a pap smear during the six months prior to shipping should bring your test results recruiter who are currently using birth control should bring copy of exam records in addition to the pills both presently and previously prescribed
Ryra23 is offline   Reply With Quote