View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
kforbs126

kforbs126 is just really nicekforbs126 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by prop827 View Post
Again, I don't know the specifics of AECF, but for any automatic advancement you DO need to pass your PFA. That's why if you're in a program that has auto E4, they often call the official PFA the "dash for cash". Also, frocking is only for first classes and chiefs, until then you will not be frocked (in so far as automatic promotion is concerned). With auto advancement you get your crows pinned on and you get E4 pay almost immediately. When you're frocked, you wear the anchor or crow but you don't get paid for around 6 months from the time you are frocked.
Well that's news to me because I definitely did not have to pass a PFA to be auto advanced and I did mine a week after I graduated A school. All the E3's that come to my ship have not had to pass a PFA to be advanced to E4 (FC's, ET's and IC's). Frocking actually is E4 to probably Master Chief. When you get frocked depending on what percentile you advanced is when you get paid. If your one of the last ones advanced expect to not get paid for at least 6 months.
kforbs126 is offline   Reply With Quote