View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Jazdazn

Jazdazn is on a distinguished road
It is great that you know what you want and what you want to do with your life. I went into my recruiters office knowing exact what rate I wanted. I didn't even bother to waste the classifiers time. My recruiter called a guys that works in the navy office and told him what I wanted. That guy came in the classifiers office with me. 5 minutes later I walked out with the rate I wanted. Air traffic controling is what I want to do with my life and the navy is how I want to give back to my country. With that being said, you are trying to go into a very overmanned rate but if that is what you want then go for it. SN: at my station there are 11 deppers and all but myself have HM rate. You could always dep in and put in a dar but that can be a game of chance. But like others have stated you are competing with so many other recruits who don't care what rate they get. They just want a job and to be in the navy. And right now recruiters are looking for those kinds of recruit. Good luck with whatever you decide is best for you.