View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
They go year round. Once you get to DLI you'll wait for a spot in a class and you'll start whenever they get you a spot.

It's not like college where they have specific start dates or semesters or something. Dates can change all the time.
Even if you did know the dates, you wouldn't know which class you would be going into anyway.

/r
CTT1
CTT1, I know every other A school in the navy works like this, but this is actually not exactly how DLI works.

It is a rotating system where new classes start every couple weeks, but I branchers are assigned to a specific class beginning on a specific date while still in bootcamp, so we know exactly when we will class up as soon as we get orders. Occasionally things will change while students are in hold if a class is over or under booked, but that isn't super common.

The dates are determined by availability of rooms/teaching teams - when the most senior Chinese class graduates, the next class will start. Knowing the date doesn't necessarily help though, because the students assigned to this class will cover a range of bootcamp divisions. It doesn't matter if the class doesn't start for another month if the division before you claimed the last seat.

P.S. Hi, I'm the resident CTI2. And yes, I'm a Chiling.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote