View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
Iguana_Away

Iguana_Away is on a distinguished road
Question A few (<-- This is a lie) questions about being a CTI?

After a couple minutes of ctrl+F I found this forum. Yay me!

So I have a few questions regarding the DLI and being out in the fleet.~

1. I got a reasonably high score on my DLAB, will that impact the languages I want to take? I was hoping for something like Arabic, but I'm also a Nordic girl, which I can understand dropping me out of that category.

2. Life at the DLI, is it hard? I know the website says 2-3 hours of homework, but do they mean 2-3 hours for a quick person, or 2-3 hours for a slow person?

3. How many languages do you get to learn? Do you only get one, or can you get more?

4. When you join the fleet, I was told there's a possibility of being actively translating with a special forces group. Is this true? Do you have to qualify for something?

5. Do you bunk with someone at the DLI? If so, are they also learning your language, or is communication hopeless?

6. After you get out of your blackout phase, do you get to go off base/have your phone/laptop/whatever else?

7. So after basic, I'll go to the DLI, from my understanding, does this mean I can have my parents pack me a small backpack with my laptop/cell/whatever or would they have to mail that? Or is there some other way to get that?