View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raca1234 View Post
I don't want to take anything I wouldn't be happy in, and I would only take FMF. I've come to that conclusion after two years.
If that's really the case, then then the military probably isn't for you. You're absolutely going to be in a position at some point where you're not doing your dream job. If you're limiting yourself to FMF and FMF only, then you should probably look into something else because there's only so much of a chance to get that specific duty in that specific rate. I'm not saying it's impossible, but you need to be ready to accept it if it doesn't happen.

***EDIT***
That's not to say though you couldn't go FMF after your first tour if you don't get it the first time around. But that would take a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raca1234 View Post
Second question: Where are the best places to be stationed?
You're most likely not going to have a say in your first duty station. After your first tour is when you actually get to start picking orders for real. Personally the East Coast was alright. I always hear West Coast sailors talking about how much better it is out that way; but the grass is always greener right? haha

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote