View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #1
heinz57

heinz57 is on a distinguished road
Default PACT-SN Questions

I got DEPped in on Thursday of last week and was given the rating of PACT-SN. It was the only rating available and I am more focused on joining the Navy entirely than being concerned about the rating I get.

HOWEVER, I still would much rather have an actual rating rather than undesignated.

I don't ship until December 15th so I am going to put in a DAR today with my recruiter.

But, can anyone shed some light on a couple things for me;

1. Realistically, do DARs get approved? Do I have a better chance since I am waiting until December

2. Would they call me and say random jobs are opening up or do I make a list of some I would take

3. Someone told me that would mean that I would have to leave for boot that same week they offer me a different job and approve my DAR. Is that true?

I am a little confused and figured I would come here because even the classifier at MEPs lied to me. He told me with PACT-SN, you MUST get a rating and leave for A-School within 6 months of your first command. He said I can not legally remain undesignated for longer than 6 months..

Need some insight! Thanks!
heinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote