View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
TikTokki

TikTokki is on a distinguished road
Default Some questions about CTI language assignment

Hello everyone,

So I've taken both my ASVAB and DLAB with a score of 85 and 120 respectfully.
Currently I'm just in the process of losing 10 lbs until I can qualify to go to MEPS to finish the procedures to sign.

So after I finished my DLAB and was told I qualified for level IV I did some research to kind of get a feel for each of the languages and I quickly came to the conclusion that Korean is the best fit for me personally.

As this is a career choice for me, I fully intend to retire as a CTI, my language choice is incredibly important to me. Even if I get Russian or Chinese I will continue to study Korean with hopes to transfer my position at some point in the future. I am already pretty knowledgable in the culture and I would say I'm also pretty understanding of the language. (I study languages as I hobby, mostly east asian so far, so I pick them up pretty easy)

Anyways I have some questions, I've already done some research but I want as much of an advantage going in as possible to ready myself.

1.) What are my chances of getting Korean?
2.) How can I improve these chances? (and will my experience help any?)
3.) I am aware that this decision is ultimately made in boot camp, if I make all this aware to my interviewer will this up my chances? (and is there anything I should make known to increase my chances?)
4.) At what stage in the future can I request a switch if I don't get it?
5.) A lot of people say "It's whatever the needs of the NAVY are" but I'm not concerned about Korean being one. A lot of people also say it's whatever classes are available, so is there any way to know when what classes start?
6.) I also heard that the Korean class is almost always available to start, is this true?

Sorry about all the questions, I know it's a lot but this is 100% my future career that I hope to retire with and I need to know how to get where I want to be.
TikTokki is offline   Reply With Quote