View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM_Duke View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I am just barely over 18 BMI currently and ship out June 9th. With exercise and long days, I could drop 5 lbs in just a couple of days. I've heard from an Air Force recruiter that someone like me would be literally forced to eat double at the galley. Is this the same for Navy?
We had a couple who were on that borderline in my division. You might be put on double entrees, from what I heard. Never saw it happen. Don't worry, it's not double everything, and they're not going to sit there and cram it down your throat, it just means the line will serve you an extra of whatever the main course is.

[EDIT] Just remembered it was called double protein, so there might be more items potentially doubled, but the fact remains that an RDC cannot force-feed you. Hell, they can't even get away with that at Guantanamo.

As for the PT, 1) it's a joke, and 2) by the time you're cleared fit for full duty, you'll have been eating Purina Recruit Chow three times a day for a couple weeks while doing nothing more strenuous than walking down the p-ways in Pearl Harbor. You'll gain weight. One of the guys who shipped from my station was only barely over minimum when he left, but when he separated after a couple weeks due to an undisclosed issue (unrelated to his digestion), he'd already gained 20 lbs.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.

Last edited by Auridan; 06-02-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote