View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 AM   #6
cobalt
**Active Duty**

cobalt has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK_Ghost View Post
Hello,

I am currently in the DEP with a shipping date in 2016. During the enlistment process, I was advised not to disclose some of my medical history.
I already know what I did was wrong but I was naive and sincerely felt that the recruiters were not misleading me. I have previously broken both my wrists, one of the wrists twice, have injured my knee for which a private ER doctor had me wear a brace for a couple of weeks and I have dislocated my pinky finger. My recruiter keeps on telling me to not disclose it but I want to free myself from the guilt. I just would like the opportunity to start my naval career on the right foot even through I have already committed a serious mistaken.

My questions are how can I go about disclosing these conditions before basic if my recruiter is unwillingly to update my medical records and assuming I find a way to update my medical records; What is the possibility that I will lose my nuke contract. If I do lose my contract, I am perfectly okay with enlisting under a different rate.

I have researched as much as I could both on here and through google but I have not found anything sufficient.
I also know this is the typical, " My recruiter told me to lie.." post.

The earliest injury occurred roughly four years ago and none of them have given me any trouble.

Be smart about it, sprained knee / dislocated pinky won't come back to bite you. However, hiding a previously broken wrist will because any doctor worth his salt can probably tell you've broken it before if you do it again. Odds are you won't lose a nuke contract over a broken wrist, honestly nukes tend to get waivers really easily. Also nukes should never say anything during the actual moment of truth, you get a much nicer and less aggressive version from the nuke reps there afterward.
cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote