View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 12:57 AM   #20
Temen
**Active Duty**

Temen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamayamaa View Post
It's called the eSailor Initiative, and it's undergoing test drives at RTC. Recruits won't be playing games or surfing the web, obviously, but they'll be able to to access all their study material via the tablet device. The MCPON's ultimate goal for the program is to equip all sailors in the fleet with some sort of tablet. Not sure how it is at other commands, but we have a whopping 4 computers to service the 30+ sailors in my building. If everyone had a tablet device, it would be MUCH easier to do training, study bibs, submit chits, schedule medical appointments, get on NKO/NSIPS/etc.

Look it up on Navy.mil.
It would be a good use of the Navy NeRD(http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=80920). What a stupid use of the Navy's money.
I can't wait for them to integrate a CAC card reader into it too, just like our toughbooks. Yes, let's go to the flight line and do maintenance, oh I'm used to leaving my ID behind when I de-FOD myself. Oh change of shift, now I have to logoff the laptop, let the new shift log in and hopefully they can find the current troubleshooting step I'm on. /endrant.
Temen is offline   Reply With Quote