View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
F.S.Richerson

F.S.Richerson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laworlo View Post
With the Bible. If you don't want to bring one, on your first Sunday Holiday Ruitine, you can go to the Chapel and they will give you one for free. You cannot have a large Bible. It will be placed in the second compartment above your Blue Jacket Manuel. It must be smaller than that. So I would say NO larger than a 5x6 book. If it looks like it can fit in your A&B Drawer, your RDC will make you put it in that. I am not certain whether the Bible they give you for free in the Chapel is the Hebrew Canon and New Testament or just the New Testament but it's free, and digital camo!

Religious medallions are allowed. They must be kept in your A&B drawer. At least with my RDC's, recruits that wished to have them were not allowed to wear them, no matter what size. That might vary by RDC. But I know you can physically bring them to Boot.

Make sure if you have information on note cards that you tape them into the book. Otherwise that's "Gear Adrift" and that will not go over so well for you. Keep in mind that works with everything in Boot Camp. No books, Trainee Guide or BJM are authorized to have loose papers. You will get beat for that. I knew people in my division that got individual IT for over an hour because of it. That goes for anything though too. Everything has a specific place. Do NOT deviate from it. Make sure everything goes back to wear it is supposed to be, always.
the blue digi bible they give you for free is Psalms, Proverbs and the New Testament
F.S.Richerson is offline   Reply With Quote