View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
Soulkashi

Soulkashi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmtn View Post
In many cases a possible list of available stations is told you near the end of your A school, you will be told then to possibly make a list from those available..and I have also been told by my son that some of those he knows were just assigned and no choice.
As for changing commands, I am not sure how that works or how long you need to be at one command before being able to transfer..I would guess you would have to at least get all your quals done..have no clue on how long that takes as an HM.
Also know that in many cases if married and under E5, family cannot go with you to Japan. There are exceptions, but rare.
I have a gf (Not married) and would most likley be going in as an E2, what exacly are quals? and are detailers usually nice enough to work with you? thanks for all the info...just kinda sucks i really dont wanna go in if Im just gonna be everywhere other then the one place i wanna go for the duration of my contract (5 years) even if i got sent somewhere i hated for 2 years like San Diego, then Japan for the remaining 3 years id be happy but seems like the odds of that happening are none
Soulkashi is offline   Reply With Quote