View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
kaicyr

kaicyr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asailorswife View Post
First I've heard of it too, but then again, the only people coming over here with family members are E-4 and above, so none are fresh out of boot. I'd love to hear the answer to this!

As for the original post - I know some IT's that LOVE their job. My aunt is a retired IT - she loved what she did. She's still doing it now. Our good friends however are IT, and he hates it. I think he hates his specialization more than anything else, but nonetheless, he's not happy where he is.

Honestly though, you won't know whether or not you'll like it until you're in the thick of it. I think it just depends on your attitude, where you are, and your command. The person I'm talking about is pretty much by himself most of the time, and hardly gets noticed. (The IT division on our ship is HUGE). Some days, my husband HATES his job, and others, he absolutely loves it. So really, it's just going to depend on what day you're on as to whether or not you like it. Like Craig said, in the scheme of things, 6 years really isn't much longer than 4, so why not go for the bonus??
Yea, I imagine there are some pretty lame IT jobs out there, but I know there are good ones too. Will my performance in A/C school have any bearing on my job options when I graduate? Or Do I have zero control?
kaicyr is offline   Reply With Quote