View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #273
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

I'm not a CT, but I worked with them at Corry Station quite a bit. CTR are SIGINT (signals intelligence). They collect, analyze and crack various types of signals. As far as it being a desk job... ummmm... I haven't been with them in the fleet, but what I've seen of them in their actual training it's very computer intensive and tends to take place mostly while sitting. However, there are some awesome possibilities. I know one guy that graduated A school, went aircrew, and attended SERE training. Now that's some exciting stuff! CTRs can also fill billets for special forces, expeditionary warfare, and a host of other things that'll definitely be more suited for someone that doesn't like to sit still.

CTR, in my opinion, is one of the most badass rates in the Navy. And some of the greatest people, too. I made a ton of CTR friends at Corry. It's a good rate. And could be quite lucrative if he decides to get out and go work for a contractor. That TS/SCI is highly sought after, and SIGINT is a crucial role for national security.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote