View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #257
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
General question re: the SSBI, how deep do they go? Only reason I ask is I had a few speeding tickets in my younger years that my recruiter told me weren't on my record anymore and thus she didn't put it on my SF-86 (although I have an unnerving feeling this is a mistake). Any advice on the subject? I take my DLAB on the 18th and I'm nervous that it will all be a waste of time
An SSBI goes back 10 years.

That being said, if they DO find something that they don't like then your investigator will talk to you about it and you can explain what's up. Just be straight forward and honest and you should be fine. Speeding tickets (as long as we're not talking habitual or felony level) shouldn't be a huge issue.

Things that would really trip up an investigation would be things like ties to foreign countries/nationals, excessive unexplained debt (ie, not a car loan or student debt), drug or alcohol issues, that kind of thing.

tl;dr
Don't sweat it, you're fine.

/r
CTT1