View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #83
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by classified9 View Post
Good afternoon CTT1,

I just had a few general questions since you've had plenty of experience working alongside other CT ratings:

What could a typical first enlistment look like for a CTI? What are the potential duty stations right out of the DLI?

Also, I have researched that most special assignments for CT's such as aircrew, sub duty, and special operations are more 2nd tour type duties (not right out of the DLI), is this correct? I've just heard that during your first enlistment you're more than likely going to be at a NIOC with a desk job...or a mop...

Thank you in advance petty officer
Your first enlistment duty station is 90% likely to be at a NIOC. What specific NIOC you'll be going to would depend on your language (obviously Chinese linguists don't go to Texas; you get the idea).

If you want to do some extra special spooky stuffy, Aircrew or sub support would be the most likely. This is something you could talk to your detailer and school house about while you're at DLI. It would be a follow on C-school, as both of those are volunteer only programs. Something like TIO though would be around your 2nd enlistment, as they want some experience in you first for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSSparks View Post
during bootcamp, since I will be needing a security clearance, will I still be able to send letters to my mom in Germany? She just got stationed there a few months ago.
Your mother being stationed in Germany will have no effect on your security clearance stuff. Write away!

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote