Thread: IT tasks?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 04:09 AM   #11
LT Guppy

LT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to beholdLT Guppy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicgeek007 View Post
That is really disappointing to hear. Even if it was a complex issue I could have figured out the problem within an hour, probably much less time. Fixing can take longer sure, but that is a long time for 6 people to troubleshoot a piece of equipment. Mouse and keyboard stuff can be tricky for someone who doesn't know much because they don't know how to troubleshoot without a mouse. I'll assume that was the case here. Of course the last time I had a mouse stop working at my job the computer exploded 5 minutes later, wasn't much for me to do after that.

This makes me think the training doesn't go past "is it plugged in" and "did you turn it off and on again". I hope this isn't the case. I hope it isn't just bad training. That makes me question if this is a good rate to pursue or not.
It was a slightly complex issue. Basically this computer is the conjoined twins of the computer world (2 hard drives, 2 screens, 1 power source, 1 keyboard, and 1 mouse). The keyboard/mouse would work on half the computer but not the other half.
I don't know what they finally did, but they fixed it.

ACTIVE DUTY SAILORS - Click here to have your account verified
LT Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote