View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
jbpr77

jbpr77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
CTRs can land shore duty, but there's a big chance that you'll end up on a ship or on the other side of the world. CTNs are almost all shore duty and most likely in the United States on the first tour. Yeoman can be literally anywhere, but if you go subs then you'll probably be on a sub your first tour. Don't quote me on that, but seems likely. Unless your recruiter is a CT or in intel then he is probably like everyone else and doesn't really know what the hell CTs do. Haha! So I'd take what he says with a grain of salt. Especially since he's said you'll be able to pick whatever if you fail. That's simply not true. If you're looking for something that will benefit you on the civilian side and keep you on the ground then CTN is the way to go. Yeoman will help you as a civilian, too, but you're gonna see some sea duty for sure. Anyone of those three choices are awesome rates. I have a lot of experience with all of them because I was a CTN then when I failed I worked in the school that CTRs go to doing inventory and other... stuff... Then when I went to Meridian for PS school the YNs were right next door to my class and my roommate (who used to be a CTN) was a YN. All of them are good rates. Good luck!
Good morning.

Thank you very much for yor response that is clear. Now I have clear idea about would happen if I fail any school. Anyways, I think I should choose YNS because it school isn't long time, it's a great job and I will have great opportunities in civilian area.

Regards,

JGB
jbpr77 is offline   Reply With Quote