View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 AM   #42
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

When I go to boot camp, like everyone else, I'll be facing two options. One, I can piss and moan about how I'm not being slapped around hard enough, irritate my RDCs by insisting they go tougher on me because I'm not feeling challenged, and generally make a giant dick of myself with grand proclamations of my own status as the Hardest Recruit Ever In Navy History.

Option two: If I think I can give more than the training requires of me, I can learn something about SELF-discipline and SELF-motivation by pushing beyond the minimum, and challenging myself rather than skating through. I can strive to be not just acceptable, but excellent. I might get spared a lot of personal attention from a RDC shouting sweet nothings at me, and I can use that time to help the rest of my division kick ass so NOBODY has to hear it.

When the world "lowers" its standards, you are absolutely NOT required to lower your own.