Thread: Aspiring AIRR
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
FutureND
**Active Duty**

FutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud ofFutureND has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy661 View Post
Thanks for the the information Haasino. Just a few more questions:
From what I gathered, DIVEMO is a more strict, fitness standard program, so to speak, while at RTC?

Does that go without saying that everyone in an 800 division goes through DIVEMO? I read Craig's thread http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2327 regarding daily life for an 800 division and wondered if that was the same thing as DIVEMO (as far as PT goes).

Lastly, my latest PRT scores are as follows (self-administered):
09:43 1.5 mile run
06:44 500-yd swim (freestyle)
78 pushups
87 Curl-ups
19 pull-ups

I fall within the 20-24 age standards and I compare myself to the categories I fall in but I can't help but to feel curious as to what other recruits/deppers are getting on their scores, just to see how I measure up. I'm always looking to improve and I want to be able to score maximum amount of points in each category. Just wanted to know if anybody had a few pointers on how to get the most out of their PRT training when it comes to boosting their numbers.
Yes, divemo is the program you will go through while at RTC. Everyone who is in an 800 division will go through it as well. 800 divisions are usually split, with SO and SB candidates in one division and ND, EOD, and AIRR candidates in another. The workouts and dive motivators are different depending on what type of division you are in. There are some whose PST numbers will get worse, better, or stay the same while at RTC, it's all about how much you push and challenge yourself.

Your numbers seem to be in a good spot right now, of course keep working and pushing. Have you taken a PST yet?
FutureND is offline   Reply With Quote