View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #27
MMSFutureSailor

MMSFutureSailor is on a distinguished road

Hooyah subs! I am actually just about to start a-gang a school in a few days. I should be heading to the fleet by October. Honestly since I got here to Groton and really started talking to instructors and had a chance to see a few boats I realized how glad I was that I chose submarines. The level of hooyah on this base is crazy. Bess is easy as long as you spend some time studying, and try even a little. As secf you will be here at least 8 months. Good luck on nav, it's kinda random with getting rates. Probably 65-75% of people got what they wanted. FT was the rate that had the fewest people in it for my class. If you get radio you will actually be here closer to a year+ and maybe as much as 18 months if you get stuck on hold.

It all just depends on your hold times. Either way life here at sub school is pretty good as long as you are doing what you are told and actually trying in your classes. Groton itself is okay, but once you get liberty you can go to Boston or New York pretty easily on long weekends and such. With luck I should find out what base I am going to in a few days.

Good luck in boot camp. It's pretty easy as long as you pay attention and do what you are told. Amazingly that's harder for some then you would think.
MMSFutureSailor is offline   Reply With Quote