View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #293
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdee90 View Post
So my son graduated from Candidate school last week and he thinks he is getting AWV, can you explain a little more of this rate to me. He was hoping for AWS I think. AWV was his second choice. Thanks
Per Naval Personnel Command:

Aircrewman Avionics (AWV): In-Flight technician/trouble shooter on board P-3C, EP-3 and E-6B aircraft. Maintains and trouble shoots all avionics equipment while in flight. Operates communication systems and electronic warfare equipment onboard E-6B and EP-3 aircraft. Operates UAS and UAS payloads. Operates and maintains tactical support center systems at shore installations and tactical mobile systems in expeditionary MTOC units.

That being said, it really comes down to where he ends up getting stationed. AWV's working on E-6B's, for example, will do a totally different job than the guys I fly with. But that little blurb covers the basics of what's possible for them and what platforms you're gonna find them on.

I'm sure AWO2 will also have some input.

/r
CTT1