View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #18
Lurch

Lurch is on a distinguished road

IT A School for me was a bit of a challenge at first. I had no computer background what so ever. I studied Criminal Justice in college so computers, networking, security, etc. was all foreign to me. But I studied my butt off and came out top of my class. However, the ending portion of school, ILE, where you learn Radio comms (which is what I do in the fleet) was very interesting to me and was where I did my best at. So it is not entirely all computers. I had no C school as I came to the fleet over a year ago with only my A school. I did enjoy Pensacola...I played golf in college and there are alot of nice courses around there. So i took advantage of it. As far as liberty to kayak and such...it all depends how the liberty policy is now. It changed 3 times in my time there as the CO changes things up based on how the students are acting. When I got to Corry I was in holding for about a month before I finally classed up, so expect to wait for a little bit. And with your rifle spinning, and marching background don't be surprised if they don't throw you in a 900. They like to ask anyone if they have had that background...so when they do, be sure to raise your hand. As this is not a bad time to volunteer, a 900 division is a good experience to go through. Family can come visit on base, however, at Corry there is not really anything to do. I would suggest to take them over to NAS to the bigger NEX if they want to buy some stuff and to the air museum over there. I know I took my family over their and they enjoyed it. Hope that answers all your questions. Good luck! Oh, and one last thing, our schooling is PC based. We don't do Mac. As the fleet doesn't use Mac either so we don't learn about it.
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote