View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyFin View Post
I currently don't ship out till April of 2014 and i've heard and read a lot about the PT and i just wanted to know What should i do to prepare for PT. I currenly got to the gym for an hour or 2 everyday but mostly just work on running and swimming.
CE is a Seabee rating, right? Forget RTC PT... prep for Seabee PT! I've got a buddy who got dropped from Aircrew and re-rated into a Seabee rating; their A School PT was a lot of long-distance running... upwards to 6 miles on some days.

In general, I've found that core and upper body strength can be improved easily if given the proper motivation... but if you're not a good runner, and you're thrown into a running-intensive regiment, then you're likely going to end up with injuries as a result. I've never seen someone who's bad at push-ups get injured trying to do push-ups... but I've seen numerous people who were bad at running get injured trying to run more.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote