Thread: DLAB & Contract
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #17
KDearing

KDearing is on a distinguished road
Default MEPS and CTI spot

My ASVAB and DLAB qualified me for CTI but was told by my recruiter (he's also a CTI) that they had to get me into MEPS (last week in fact) and into the system in a temporary rate. Then, when a CTI slot appeared, they will then DAR me into a new contract. I had some reservations as there were virtually no rartings to pick from that day but trusted them.

The PN1 at MEPS took me to their C.O. when I was concerned and he reiterated they could DAR me into CTI in November or December. However, the day before MEPS, my CTI rercruiter said it would be next month??? Big difference in windows.

I went into MEPS with 10 backup ratings and all they had was AV and it was not one of the ratings.

Anyhow, the main point of concern was feeling shot-gunned to pick a rate and then DAR later?

I understand the needs of the Navy and also understand my recruiter has a job and chain of command pressure so I trust that this is all the norm.

I can't see taking that second oath and ship-out as an AV on some sort of promise they can change it at basic.

Thank you for any comments and guidance. I have made 4.0' grades my last four years in foreign language. I also have been in Honors English plus picked-up survival Russian just for fun.

I know that you don't pick your language at DLI; the point is I'm a linguist by nature and naturally adept to languages.

Thank you again for your time.
KDearing is offline   Reply With Quote